SARS-CoV-2 is the infectious coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 disease. Myriad RBM is recruiting people who have had a positive diagnosis for SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 and have recovered to donate blood.
Myriad RBM has developed and validated > 300 immunoassays that are utilized in various pharmaceutical clinical trials. With your gracious blood donation, Myriad RBM can support the advancement of scientific discoveries by developing serological antibody tests and tools to monitor the efficacy of vaccines in the fight against COVID-19.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Pass Myriad RBM pre-screening criteria
- Provide a copy of your positive test result
- Diagnostic PCR test report
- Antigen test report
All interested individuals will fill out the pre-screening questionnaire at the bottom of this page, which will require information to verify the positive SARS-CoV-2 test result. The information will be used to determine eligibility requirements for acceptance into the donor pool. Your positive COVID-19 test result could have occurred at any time, however, for the safety of our workers, individuals should have no symptoms of disease within 2 weeks of blood collection.
COVID-19 Blood Donor Pre-Screening Form
Thank you for your willingness to donate blood which will be used for SARS-CoV-2 test development and as positive controls in biomarker assays.
Please download and fill out this pdf form to determine if you are eligible. The information you provide will only be used to determine eligibility. We will contact you as soon as possible.
If it is determined by Myriad RBM that you are eligible to donate, we will contact you to schedule your donation.
Please send this completed pre-screening form and a copy of your positive test result to CovidDonor@MyriadRBM.com
- Complete the donor pre-screening form below and email it as an attachment by email to CovidDonor@myriadrbm.com along with a copy of your positive test results.
- You will be contacted by Myriad RBM to set up an appointment by phone or teleconference to discuss the informed consent, enrollment questinonaire, and have the chance to ask any questions about the donor pool.
- To enroll in the donor pool, follow the instructions given during the consent interview.
- Hydrate at least 2 hours before your appointment and longer if possible.
- Go to your scheduled appointment located at: Myriad RBM, 3300 Duval Rd, Austin, TX 78759.
- Be sure to bring a photo ID. (ie. driver’s license, passport, student ID, etc.)
- At the appointment, donors will fill out an enrollment questionnaire, sign a consent form, and have their temperature taken.
- Eligible donors who have passed the temperature check will be given a mask and will be taken to the blood draw station.
- Blood samples will be taken and will take < 15 minutes.
- The overall appointment should take < 30 minutes.
Myriad RBM is a CLIA certified biomarker testing laboratory with over 20 years of experience internally developing and manufacturing multiplex immunoassays validated to clinical laboratory standards.
The Myriad RBM platform appropriately combines Luminex and Simoa microsphere-based immunoassays with:
- Precision and dependability of automated liquid handling systems
- Advanced quality monitoring
- Validated data reporting processes
- Highly-trained and dedicated staff, including Project Managers